Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Look what we can grow

So I had an incredible picture to put with this post, but once again, my camera only works when I don't need it to! argh. Anyway in this photo the girls are all standing amid Curtis' tomato plants. Madi is barely taller than they are. The other two are peering out from between the vines. In the background is Curtis' corn which is currently about 9 feet tall and growing. Curtis found some fun "stuff" to put on his plants this year and it looks like it helps them be happy. You may ask why it is "Curtis'" tomatoes and corn? The garden is totally and completely his deal. Especially this summer when I am feeling good to turn the sprinklers off for him. If you haven't been to my house and seen our enourmous garden plot I will try to help you understand the particulars (insanity) of Curtis and his gardening :) We have 16 bell pepper plants, 24 tomato plants, 2 rows of peas, carrots, lettuce, only half a row of beans (thank you very much!) two rows of onions, 8 rows of corn, oh and a horrendous amount of cucumbers 2 rows full of plants that are very prolific, a row of cantaloupe plants , a row of watermellon, more pumpking plants than I can count or even see around and 3 Zucchini plants and 6 yellow squash plants! So we are being really blessed for obeying the prophet, "The Prophet said to plant a garden . . ." but holy cow. I am still feeling lucky to get a shower every day. So . . . If anyone is interested in some produce, I could hook you up :)
Oh, Josie is growing too! At her 2 month appointment she weighed 10 lbs 4 oz and they said she was 22 in long but the nurse measured her wrong so we need to remeasure. We had shots too so this has been a miserable week for everyone. We are just grateful she is healthy. Sleep will come later :)

6 comments:

Tori said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I wish I had room to grow a garden like that. So what is this stuff Curtis put on the plants? I want to try it. I'll have to tell Chris you planted 24 tomato plants. We thought 11 was a lot. I'd offer to come help you can, but I don't think I should be traveling that close to when the baby is due. If the squash bugs end up killing my pumpkins (like they are threatening to do)I may take some of those pumpkins off your hands.

Amelia said...

I would love to come help you pick some veggies! Hyrum keeps asking me to take him to Katie's house. "You stay here Mom and I stay at Katie's." I'm glad Josie is doing so good!

Corinne said...

That is a SERIOUS garden! Maybe we should call it a farm?? I wish I lived nearby!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Katie. I wish I had a bucket with a tomatoe plant, muchless a garden.

Lesley said...

Horray for your great garden. And your growing little Josie! Give her a hug from aunt Lesley!

Lesley said...

So... when are you gonna post pictures of your new house? Is there room for a garden there too?