Friday, January 4, 2008

Basketball Time

We love basketball at our house, well most of us that is. Madi was really hesitant about wanting to play this year, new league, new kids, and most of all . . . we don't have a court to practice on anymore. How rude of us! But we finally reminded her how much she just loves to play and she grudgingly agreed. Last night was her first practice. I was worried because last year she had such a horrible coach. But this year she actually has 2 coaches who both know how to play ball AND even though they have never coached before they are both working hard to learn how to teach the girls how to play. It was great. There are only 5 girls on the team and most of them are like little cats. They wander around and don't really care what else is going on. Madi on the other hand is determined to work her tail off. She ran those drills and ran and ran and ran . . . She was exhausted and sweaty by the end. It is so good to see her excited about something and really feeling like she is good at it too. Another bonus is that a girl from our ward is on her team. Madi hadn't met her before for some reason, but this will be a good opportunity for her to make friends. All the games are Saturday at 8 am!! But we are excited to have an excuse to get out of the house :)

5 comments:

Amelia said...

I for one am super excited for Madi. I hope she has fun and stays exciting about playing. Yay!

Becca Wecca2 said...

I always loved playing basketball! Maybe we will have to have a basketball game sometime...

Egenmay said...

I've never been good at basketball. The ultimate low was when I tried out for the school team and only me and one other girl didn't make it. I found out not long after that I needed corrective lenses. (aka I couldn't see.) I still stink, but I like the game much more.

Lesley said...

Way to go, Madi! Every girl needs something like that in her life, don't you think? I wish we could be there cheering at 8 a.m.! Have a great season! Be sure to let us know how all the games go, okay?

Don and Becky Larson said...

Grandpa and I wish we could be there cheering too. I am proud that Madi is willing to work hard and still have lots of fun.