Monday, November 17, 2008

Good movie weekend

We don't see many movies. If we do, it is usually rented or just on DISH. So if you ask if we have seen something, odds are we haven't. But since Curtis was going to be gone for the weekend and Madi got to go to Allex's house I wanted to do something fun with the girls. We had to stay home due to croup so we opted for renting some movies.
Kitt Kittridge! Cute, cute, cute. My girls were so into the historical part of things and had to watch it again and again just so they could ask all the questions they had. I loved the casting. So well done and NO garbage at all. I was thrilled. It made me want to go buy the dolls for my girls. I actually checked into it :)
Then I put the kiddies to bed and watched Dan in Real Life. A friend had reccommended it a long time ago, but I figured it wouldn't be up Curtis' alley. It was not what I expected at all. There were funny parts, but I found myself crying more than anything. Great Movie. I love that family. It made me want to do a talent show with my family at Thanksgiving.

Anyway, if you haven't seen these two I would definately reccommend them! Maybe we need to see more movies . . .

4 comments:

Amelia said...

I thought the same thing about Dan in Real Life. Totally not what I expected but I really liked it. I thought the same thing about the talent show too...I think that sounds like a great idea! Beats sitting around watching TV. I think Curtis should reenact his roadshow for us. :) Does this mean you're coming?

Egenmay said...

They did such simple stuff together, but the key was, everyone got into it. Even if it wasn't something they really wanted to do. It's the kind of family unity everyone hopes for.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

We love American girl dolls, because they have a history, it makes them more fun! They are pricy, but very high quality! Kit, is on our to see list!

Monica said...

I have heard Kitt Kittredge was cute. I'll have to get that one. I am so sick of getting a movie and then having to turn it off because of all the garbage. It is a rare thing to come across a cute one.