
We started our whole Halloween celebrating with a fun party with our neighbors. They sure know how to throw an all out bash! Curtis (who was such a good sport about the whole thing) and I were scarecrows. Josie was our cow. Rachael was a witch, again. I think she will be a witch every year until she out grows the costume. Madi was a hippie, "Moonbeam Mellow" was her name. And Marissa was Sacagewea, not an Indian, but a historical figure (thank you Genny). She didn't enjoy the wig and was not happy about the lack of makeup her costume entailed. Grandma said to remind her that squaws don't wear war-paint. Madi was bummed that hippies didn't wear lots of make-up either. I will post more pictures of Madi later so you can see her "groovy" costme better. I was so excited about how well it turned out.
Friday the girls had day-long parties in their classes and had just enough time after school to sort through their bags of loot. Then our sweet neighbor took them trick-or-treating for me (Josie had ear infections and Uncle Cody was here). They were so excited to actually go this year. AND they got so much candy. We had just enough time to run over to the ward "fall festival" to eat and play games. Can I just say that someone in this ward makes an amazing lemon meringue pie! yum. Afterwards they got even more candy at the trunk or treat. I think we are good on the candy front for a long long long time. My favorite part of the entire day was coming home and the girls spreading their candy out on the floor and SHARING with eachother! It was amazing. Marissa knew that Madi likes a certain kind of candy so she sorted through all of hers and gave them to Madi. The same with Madi and Rachael. They gave Josie whatever she wanted and gave all of the Reeses to their dad. What sweet girls. Then we all passed out on the couch watching Harry Potter!
3 comments:
Yep gonna need a better picture of those costumes! HOW CUTE. I really missed seeing the Searle's things year!!!
A family who dresses up together--stays together. I love your costumes.
As usual your Halloween costumes are fantastic. Great job!
Post a Comment