He has seen me car sick and believes that I get sick in cars and planes. Being carsick has plagued me and many others (sorry Dad) for many years. He has seen me all kinds of other sick as well, but for some reason he was hesitant to believe that the open ocean would do me in.
Before our recent trip to San Diego a good friend suggested that I try a new motion sickness medicine. I was up for anything at that point. I have tried EVERYTHING including putting a penny on your belly button to all sorts of medications with no results other than increased nausea. I have to say that this stuff was AMAZING! The plane ride was awesome. I could even look out the window. I was thrilled.
Since I was having such great results we decided to really put the meds to the test.
We pulled out of the bay and got a neat tour of lots of things like this submarine in dry-dock, and lots of sea lions.
OH MY WORD. Oh my word! I have NEVER felt anything that horrible. I can't even express how different from any other kind of sickness this was.
Luckily I wasn't the only one on the ship that miserable. Half of the ship got sick. There were people crouched in corners and moaning everywhere. After I didn't have anything left, nearly an hour later (sorry, tmi) I was able to get back on the top deck, in the back, and basically try to not move for the rest of the trip. Apparently they followed a couple pods of dolphins and had a great time seeing lots of things. Curtis had a great time.
I did get the sticker that said "I saw a whale" and the first mate said that they needed some that said "I thought I was going to die on this stupid ship". I had to agree. It was the most miserable thing I have ever EVER experienced. The great thing was that as soon as we docked I was fine. Weird. I am sure glad that I wasn't a immigrant crossing the Atlantic from England. I would seriously have died. I at least knew that I only had about three hours to survive not three months.
Needless to say, Curtis now believes that a cruise probably won't be on our list of things to do.
1 comment:
So Sorry! I am the same way! I can handle almost anything and not throw up, but not the open ocean! It makes me so sick! I am sorry. I hope the rest of your trip was fun! Tell Curtis next time to just listen to ya!
Post a Comment